Combines conventional vs rotary

T__langan

Truth be known, the C62 is probably to try and gain some market share from the Deere following. Guys that have been brainwashed that conventionals are the ONlY way to go and then become "lost" in the green fog. That, and for the guys who are convinced that you can't get good straw from a rotary but wish to stay with Gleaner combines. Ten years ago, we probably would've chosen a C62 over a rotary just for the straw thing, but have since realized that long straw can be had from a rotary - if you choose the correct one and know some tricks. Tom langan

silverturnedgreen

I was told by my local Gleaner dealer that the main reason the C62_MF8680 were introduced was to quell the disgruntled MF dealers whom have always marketed to, and supported the conventional combine market. He also mentioned that the C62 is NOT a new idea, but has been "on the drawing board" for a number of years, dating back to the Allis-Chalmers days. The reason I traded my N6 on a C62 was merely because (having owned both rotary and conventional combines for several years) I'm happy with the performance of a conventional machine; - I've had my problems with the N6, but my problems were with the N6 and the ASSociated dealer who sold it to me; - NOT Gleaner as a company. I combine a diverse range of seed crops, and I also find adjusting a conventional from one crop to another easier and less time consuming than with the rotary; -just my experience.