Covering graves - yea or nay?

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
Do you make a point to cover your loved ones' graves with flowers or other trinkets? I've noticed that it's important to some people, but not others and it usually just depends on what your family did while you were growing up. I'm in charge of covering the graves in my family. I usually change the flowers out every three months or so.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
Some of my family is buried too far away to maintain, but I decorate the graves that I can twice a year. It makes me sad to go to the cemetery or I'd probably change their flowers out more often.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I go visit my family's graves on Memorial Day, but that's about it. I put crosses on them that glow at night and they've held up well over the years. Although I find cemetery flowers wasteful, I understand why others like to decorate their loved ones' graves.

Thyme Flies By

Thyme Flies By

Farm Hand
No, I don't cover any graves. It's tradition in my family to get cremated and sprinkled wherever you wish. It's like one last adventure I suppose.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
We do take care of our loved ones graves around here. We take up pots of flowers and change them out every few months. We also take everything out of there over the winter and just put up wreaths.