Cows getting out

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
Have you ever had a run away cow? Our neighbor had three get out this morning. I have never had any escape! I bet the neighbors were surprised seeing cows in their front yard.

The Back 40

The Back 40

Farm Hand
Nope, never had one. Seen plenty over the years that belonged other owners grazing right off the road though. It's a bit jarring to see when you're just getting out of turn into a straight patch of road and you see 1 or 5 all of a sudden

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
I couldn't agree more @The Back 40. It sure is alarming turning a corner and seeing a cow in the road! I almost hit one once. I've never had any get out either.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
Nope, never had our cattle break through the fences. We have had a few near mishaps but we caught them.
It is alarming to be driving and seeing a cow in the road.

KL9110

Nope, never had one. Seen plenty over the years that belonged other owners grazing right off the road though. It's a bit jarring to see when you're just getting out of turn into a straight patch of road and you see 1 or 5 all of a sudden
If you have never had a cow get out, you haven’t raised cattle long enough. Or your two head herd is pretty tame

MartyR

Farm Hand
Have you ever had a run away cow?
I don't raise cattle, but my parents always had them, and sometimes we'd have a few get loose. It sounds like your neighbor must've had a problem with their fence. If the cattle were spooked, I doubt they'd be milling around in the neighbor's front yard.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
If you have never had a cow get out, you haven’t raised cattle long enough. Or your two head herd is pretty tame
I'm not sure whether it's fairly common or not, but it's happened to me a time or two. They're tagged, and they didn't exactly get very far, so it wasn't a big production to retrieve them.