Crazy cows

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
I'm not a cattle farmer but I have a question. We drove by this neighboring farm three days in a row. The cows are kept in a barn (it's not totally enclosed) with the bottom of the walls open. I get that it is protection from the elements (gets cold here). A few of the cows were going "crazy", running around in between the others. It just seemed odd to see this daily. Is this normal?

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
Yeah, this happens. I mean, we all get kind of crazy from time to time, don't we? The cows were probably getting a little stir crazy is all. I bet they are out in the fields now.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
Ha.. that makes sense. Yes, when I drove by yesterday the cows were out in the pasture. They seemed a lot happier. I bet they were stir crazy, just like us.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
Oh yes, we have had some ornery cows. They do get a bit fidgety in the winter months when they are stuck in the barns for longer periods of time. I do too!!

Jonny B Goode

Jonny B Goode

Farm Hand
Strange you would mention this. In the past week, I have seen cows outside of their fencing and on the edge of the road on 2 different occasions.