Combines Cylinder Gap setting

tbran

I may have some bad news for you... look REAl close where the REAR door bolts up to the side. The angle may be bent or torn. The rear door if never checked ( and 99% never are) can loosen the attaching bolts slightly and start a vibration that will bend and sometimes tear the rear door side frames. Place a jack under one side of the lower raddle frame and raise up and see if the rear door raises. If it does you will have to cut out the angle that is bad and reweld in a new piece predrilled with the door shut and up where its supposed to be. Now that I have scared the begeebers out of you n1 it aint that bad of a job and n 2 this is rare. n3 you havn't a machine that has a spike tooth transplant have youIJ n4 Finally the concave should be concentric in that the stone door cahnnels should be almost the same clearance as the back of the concave . If this checks out you are ok......

Marshall

You are right. The angle is bent and torn. I will reweld tonight. Thanks for the info. I may replace the rasp bars and concave. Who should I order from and what is a fair price for these partsIJ The rasp bars were all installed in the same direction also. Shouldn't everyother one be rotated (mirrored) 180 degreesIJ

tbran

yup inny and outty every other one. will check on price later, lowen, Sunnybrooke, Trimpe, check these out . local dealer might have a line beside the AGCO units. Don't forget to check the channels as well.

Dan

Hi Marshall and hope I'm not to late for my keyboard took a drink of water and desided to shut down until I replaced it. Check my post on 12_30_98 under what to do with old l2. I found alot of l2's with one of them side mounts miswelded. We run alot of near zero clearance cylinder to concave clearance. We always let cylinder down to concave and find where it ticks from side to side and usually after leveling we will find that it just clears front cross bar of concave. It is almost imposible to check back of concave without pulling the thresher beater out. We often found back of concave hitting or missing by 1_4" on one side or the other when at zero clearance. We like cylinder to hit all four corners when set to zero. I kindof wonder how others check or zero there cylinder. Do they check across the front with say 1_2 keystock and set the gauges to thatIJ Do they somehow reach in threw the back to check the rear clearanceIJ I bet there are a bunch of l2s out there that have been running for years with uneven clearance at the rear of concave. Early 80s is when I found a bunch to be off. Hope this helped out in your fine tuning. Dan