Combines Dan tbran Steep pitch helicals thresher side

gleanermanitoba

A follow up question for Dan and or Tbran. I did the step pitch helical this past winter and put in the helical wedge and got rid of the reverse bars but did not use the f2 rasp bars on the seperator am I going to have a problemIJ We grow wheat,oats,peas,faba beans, canola and flax.

NDDan

I start in first hole and hold or form helical to cage while marking the holes I need. I would want it to dump onto helical wedge. You could start in next hole over with no harm if you want. Cylinder bar rasp doesn't start until about a strong inch from gearbox wall anyway. Good luck

NDDan

We only have a couple machines that have any sort of rasp bar fastened to seperator grate and or cage. Beings you have the steep pitch thresher side I would be tempted to just fasten a single reverse bar next gearbox and one in row next to it if you have any sort of cylinder loss in one of them crops. You can quickly adjust up seperator grate on newer machine if it is a problem. Your straw will certainly make it threw prosesser more whole with your setup. Your next step is rotor sweeps to make her hhhuuummm in the toughest of conditions. Good luck

tbran

I assume you 'did the steep pitch' means just over the thresher. If so we have not seen any increase on cyl lose due to just placing on thresher side. IF you remove the reverse bars we suggest leaving them out and not installing the forward bars at all. On position 3 from the RH side we do install a small cyl bar and bolt in right next to the RH side because of wear we are beginning to see after about 500 hours on the back up plate. This wear is only for about 4" next to the second bar. As stated many times before we use the ratarding system only if we have loss. Some do , some do not. We have installed a couple of CDF rotors and are anxious to get to the field. We did not use any reverse bars so we did install our cylinder bar set up on one and not the other. Will advise when nature lets us harvest as to performance vs conventional hyper setup.

NowGleaner7

tbran, I would also be very interested on how this works as I am going to be installing the new CDF rotor as well in wheat if it arrives on time. TIA Dave