Did you buy or make your coop?

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
My ladies need a slightly roomier coop, so I ordered one online after checking reviews. Man, pictures can be very deceiving. This thing turned out to be much smaller than I expected and no way is it waterproof. Did you buy your coop or did you go the DIY route? If you have a commercial coop, where did it come from? I bought my last coop and made some adjustments, but the business closed down due to the pandemic.

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I bought one and made a bunch of adjustments. I enlarged the coop and added a better roof.
I'm sure it would be an easy thing to make on your own.

naykid

naykid

Farm Hand
Built on running gear. 7X14 can move it anywhere

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
Have you guys seen the price of lumbar lately? Building my own is definitely out. Lumber is priced at a premium. I've decided to make do with the one I recently bought for now. I pitched a tarp over it so that the coop can still vent without allowing any water in. The tarp is staked down. It should last a year or two. I won't buy another coop without seeing it in person. That's where I went wrong.
Built on running gear. 7X14 can move it anywhere
That was smart! I am going to do that next time, whether I build my own from scratch or buy a commercial model.