Combines Disc Coupling

tbran

well lets see from 71 to 99... they seem to last pretty good.... yes there is a 71190940 coupling disc bolted to flywheel. Not a bad job. loosen belt or belts (AC) and ring of bolts then slide out cast housing. Use of a hoist or support from underneath will help unless you have a teenage youngster who wants to prove his manhood.. What you will find is a metal plate that has a spline coupling riveted to it. The replacement will have a ring of springs around it . Have more trouble with F2 - M2 as they don't have the cast deal to keep in line. If the motor mount bolts on the eng get loose or otherwise lineup gets bad they don't run long. Your set up however is long life unless the brg spins in the tailshaft hsg.

AC

Thanks for the info tbran!!! I opened it up today, since it's way too wet to get in the field and sure enough, the splines are wore pretty bad. Got a new one from the dealer. The splines on the shaft look good and feel tight in the new coupling so I will leave the shaft alone. Hope to have her up and running tomarrow. Replaced the bearing in the end since I had it apart. Thanks a million!