Do you name them?

• Thread starter Petal to the Metal
  • Start date
Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
The topic about old tractors really hit me a strong dose of nostalgia. If you name yours, what have you called them over the years? My grandfather called his Bucky, Bucky 1, Bucky 2, and on. I haven't named my tractor, but I call my golf carts Statler and Waldorf. You?

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I did name my vintage tractors, but the names were pretty simple, I named my Ferguson TO-20, Fergie, and I named my Oliver 1550, Ollie. Not very original, but I loved those tractors.

Ritar

Ritar

Farm Hand
@RichZ ... you sound a lot like my husband. He isn't very creative with his names either.

Yes, we name our equipment. We name our vehicles and our animals! My children and I get to do it because my hubby is so bad at it.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Animals have to be named...except chickens. when you name a chicken, that's the one that gets picked off. But when we had 125 goats and 50 sheep, every one had a name. And every one knew their name and answered to it. It was hard coming up with new names after a while, but we managed.

Last edited:
Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
I love it @RichZ and @Ritar. I agree that you should name your animals!
I name some tractors, I have too many to name them all. I'm not very creative either. I've got Farmy1, Farmy2...