Combines Dusty windows

95man

I have just learned this, but many corn and soy guys hang a chain or chains from the combine frame and them it drag along the ground to ground the combine so static electricity won't build up and cause dust to cling onto the windows as much. 95man

Ilnewholland

The chains did not work for me. I use a window cleaner from AGCO that works good. Once a day cleaning with it.

augers

I have used Rain-X on the cab glass for several years. Seems to stay cleaner a bit longer. One thing is for sure,you can dust it off in seconds. I us an old bath towel and shake it a couple of times as I am dusting.Follow the instructions on the container.

skinnyfarmer

I've used a chain for several years. It sure doesn't solve the problem but I think it helps fight the dust. We still go through a lot of glass cleaner and paper towels though.

TwinRotor

John Deere sells a good glass cleaner that is supposed to repel dust usually the glass only needs cleaning every couple of days.

farmer_guy

Greetings, I have tried all of them. Clean and shine from agco works well, the chain dragging ive seen some of the old timers in our neighborhood try that, but the rain x seems to work the best round here.

Houndog

Well i tried the bounce.It might of helped some if I really used my imagination.But I'm going to use rainX tommorrow Thanks for all your ideas.

Grain_Reaper

Here is the cheapest solution to dirty windows that I have found; a pail of soapy water and a squeegee (like gas stations have). I do the windows on both of our combines every moring and they stay clean all day, it only takes a few minutes per combine. Squeegees with a adjustable handle make it nice to get the windows behind the cab and in the grain tank. Before we started doing this we would go through dozens of cans of cleaner. Glass cleaner doesn't even compare to how the soapy water cuts through the grime on the windows.