Combines Engine Swap in F

tbran

no such thing as a stupid question here. Only way I would tackle this would be to find an engine "pod" complete and then it is a bolt on swap. Unloader belt is diff. though as is main drive belt. Don't expect a ton of Hp increase as best of my recollection gas hp was higher than the 77 hp of the 2800. If you turbo and fuel the 2800 to a 2900 you will run out of cooling at 90 hp on a hot day. Add a second battery as well. Did this to a F2 for brother in law; to get all the linkages and wiring etc took about 40 hours....so , doable but at a price.

lbran

Brother-in-law-cousin- I thought we were kin,however, adopted maybeIJ

Tom_S

I have pondered the possibility of swapping out for a 305 or 350 V-8. length and weight differences might make this improbable, however I had a fellow who works near here talk about doing just such a swap on an older F. Much fabrication. I know you can update the ignition to the HEI for better starting, and have even heard about installation of an aftermarket feed-back TBI in place of the carb to get better engine performance from the in-line. I have personally pondered the thought of putting a 6.2 GM diesel on one, but agree that to change over to diesel, one would be miles ahead by swapping the whole power unit assy for an AC diesel like came on a F-2 or something.