Extended warranty worth it on UTV?

Birdie

Golden Chicken
The warranty is about to expire on our Kawasaki side-by-side. We use it regularly and haven't had any problems with it so far. Is it worth it to get an extended warranty on a UTV? I know that extended warranties are meant to make money and that they're rarely worth buying. However, I'm leaning towards buying it because we've recently moved, so we don't know any mechanics around here and the UTV is a must-have this coming planting season.

baloyi

baloyi

Farm Hand
It is worth getting an extended warranty to cushion you from any unforeseen problems. I don't think it is ever safe to exclude at any point. Do you plan on having a mechanic on retainer?

The Rutherford Family

Farm Hand
Extended warranties aren't usually worth it. You might make out better in the long run if you save that money and set it aside for any future problems with the UTV.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
How much is it? If it's not crazy expensive I would say absolutely! Just for your peace of mind. You don't know any mechanics in your new area so it sounds like a good choice.

TammiT

TammiT

Farm Hand
I think you should if it isn't too expensive. It never fails, something breaks when your warranty runs out. Of course I would read the warranty papers really good to be sure it covers a lot.