Combines F2 not Getting Beans out of the pods

agcoman

I am running a M-2 gleaner , i am having trouble with the same thing . how dry are the beans IJ

Farmer_Ed

I have an F2 as well. I like spike cylinder better for reasons such as this. If the rasps are in good shape, you cranked the cylinder clearance down, and are running the cylinder that fast, I would make sure the cylinder is straight across on both sides. The requires looking up from the bottom door with a mirror and making sure the clearance all the way across is equal. If it is, run the cylinder faster until it splits too many and back it off until you are satisfied. You may want to add another bar across the door so it shells more out as well. That makes a big difference too. let me know if this has helped.

tbran

you guys are right on. One extra tip on the F2 is adding more concave bars. You can add up to 5 concave bars. Keep in mind that unless the clearance on cyl becomes less than the diameter of the seed it is SPEED that cracks. Also keep in mind that there are Half-round bars that are gentle on the crop but a little less agressive, high profile bars that allow more grain on grain threshing and rasp bar concaves which are the most aggressive but gentle but most hp required. We use to set up F's with 3 half rounds for corn in position 1-3-5 then switch n1 for a channel in wheat and soys. If more threshing is required add another channel at n2. This allowed changes W_O dropping that back door. We had many customers that ran high profile bars in corn and beans and swear by them. I never gat any first hand comparison however. Sooooo many options to fit whatever scratches ya where it itches!

DannyBoy

Hey tbran or anyone else, What do you think about this setupIJ It's from trannyman44 man over on Machinery Talk. Note he's saying AlWAYS put a half-round bar in position n6. He also said he has never heard of a Meaner Gleaner. Do tell.... Hey man,

tbran

yeah, I mean I guess, I think,,,, I will try to translate put concave rasp bars in door and next row, then half round in back row . Don't know about the theory of beater,,,, Always run 25 tooth sprocket on lh cyl end that turns beater and raise the metal curtain in beans and corn, down in wheat.O clearance is a little close in green stem soybeans, you will wind up about 3_8" and power consumption will be greater. Dry non green stem soybeans are a rare item here in the south..If you still have non threshed hulls in bin add another row. This will work and is basically what I posted earlier.. The rasp bar concaves are GREAT in milo,, thats what they were made for. The airblock I am clueless about.