Face Masks As a New Source of Income?

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
Has anyone thought about making and selling face masks online as a new source of income? I have been making masks to give our customers when they order from us, but since they are such a big thing right now, I wonder if I'd have any luck selling them online. I feel a bit guilty for charging for them, though, knowing that they are such a big need.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
There has been a surging demand for face masks, and now everybody seems to be selling them. You can incorporate unique designs and charge a reasonable amount then see how it goes. I feel like would-be clients are looking for some uniqueness and originality!

Birdie

Golden Chicken
If the outlay is cost effective I say go for it. I don't see the demand going away in the near future.
I feel a bit guilty for charging for them, though, knowing that they are such a big need.
You sound like a kindhearted person, but you shouldn't feel guilty for earning money with your talents. Medical care isn't free, even though there's a huge need. Plus, think about all the free tutorials online that show beginners how to make these masks. Every celeb has done a video. They're super easy to make. It's not like people don't have other options. Many folks just don't want to bother making them, or they're looking for a mask that's a little more special than the basic.

Riin

Riin

Farm Hand
Interesting, I wonder how difficult it is to make masks. As I want to make some for my grandparents as well. I find disposable masks of one-time-use very wasteful actually. I want to make some masks that I can wash and reuse.

Skyline

Skyline

Farm Hand
I am interested in making some for myself and for my family. But I wonder for how long do we still need to wear masks outside. I just hope the Corona virus will be gone in June. I might be too optimistic I guess.

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
They're still warning about a second wave, so the need will be here for quite some time. If you have the right material and a sewing machine, this could be some good extra money for a another year or so.