Farm Couples Workshop

Kathy

Kathy

Farm Hand
I found out about a farmer couples workshop being held near us. It's supposed to teach stress management techniques, communication skills, etc. Have any of you been to a couples workshop like this? My husband and I are thinking about going to the one near us. They provide food, lodging, and may even be able to help with childcare costs while we are there. Even if you and your spouse love the farming life, it gets pretty stressful. Learning some new stress management techniques sounds appealing to me.

Here is the link to learn more about the workshops: Still Time to Register for Farm Couples Weekend Workshops - Mid-West Farm Report

Muller21QQQ

Muller21QQQ

in fact many Wisconsin farms are family owned and managed. What it means to work day after day with a significant other. Sometimes stress work can create an additional load on the relationship

To help Wisconsin farmers learn about stress management, the Department of Agriculture, Commerce, and Consumer Protection (DATCP) and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Enlargement Division conduct six workshops on farm couples across the state.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
Thanks @Kathy and @Muller21QQQ for sharing that information. I never would've thought to look for something like that. It really can get stressful, especially if someone gets injured unexpectedly or there's a major disaster like a flood or tornado that tears your land and home apart. We're a family run operation through and through and all that blood also adds to the worries at times. It's good that workshops like these exist.

Farmallh

Farmallh

Golden Chicken
What a great idea! My wife works outside the home, but her job is stressful too. I'm going to share this information with her to see if its something she thinks we should go to.

kakaon123

kakaon123

Wow, I’ve never heard of this and it sounds really cool. I recently had serious problems on the farm, so I really need this. The fact is that I had an old barn, which I did not use for a long time and I decided to transfer it. I had a plan of action and I bought the necessary building materials, but the local sheriff forbade me to build anything myself because my building supposedly could collapse. As a result, I had to hire another company to build a workshop and these were the guys from workshop construction tasmania. In fact, they helped me very well and to whom did they complete everything in the shortest possible time. Nevertheless, I am very dissatisfied with the actions of the sheriff and these meetings helped me a lot :)

Last edited: