Farm Smart Alarms

franckdupont

franckdupont

Hi!
Do you think that smart alarm systems and livestock monitoring systems are worth of it?

ARC55

ARC55

Farm Hand
If you have invested a lot of money into your livestock or crops, then I'm sure they are. I know someone who grows ginseng and put a lot of money into getting started. Every one of his plants is embedded with a special microchip and if anyone digs it up, the smart alarm goes off.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I use a smart alarm around my home, my greenhouses, and my retail shop. The peace of mind is worth it to me. The system detects fires, broken windows, water leaks, and other things as well.

Jack L

Jack L

Farm Hand
Is the livestock worth it? A cost/benefit analysis will give you the technical answer, but knowing your own situation and surroundings will fill in the blanks.

franckdupont

franckdupont

I use a smart alarm around my home, my greenhouses, and my retail shop. The peace of mind is worth it to me. The system detects fires, broken windows, water leaks, and other things as well.
Does your alarm in greenhouse has humidity sensor?

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Does your alarm in greenhouse has humidity sensor?
I use Sensaphone and it detects humidity levels and sends an alert when the humidity goes out of my upper and lower limits, but with all of these systems there's a lot of piecemealing and it can get expensive before you know it. I like Sensaphone, but I wish there was one system that included everything. Instead of that, you'll need to buy the main piece, then an infrared motion sensor, and so on. I've seen some clever systems that were DIY with Raspberry Pi, but I'm not clever enough to construct something like that. Which smart alarms have you looked at?

MapleSmartControl1

I use Sensaphone and it detects humidity levels and sends an alert when the humidity goes out of my upper and lower limits, but with all of these systems there's a lot of piecemealing and it can get expensive before you know it. I like Sensaphone, but I wish there was one system that included everything. Instead of that, you'll need to buy the main piece, then an infrared motion sensor, and so on. I've seen some clever systems that were DIY with Raspberry Pi, but I'm not clever enough to construct something like that. Which smart alarms have you looked at?

I part of a company that has actually developed a system that integrates basically everything in a greenhouse. This system can monitor humidity, temperature, CO2 levels, lighting and can also automate the process of irrigation, heating, ventilation and so on. The system is able to be connected to all greenhouse equipment and allows you to remotely monitor and control the conditions of your greenhouse on a computer or smartphone. That also means the the system will alert you if the conditions of the greenhouse go outside of the limits you set. If you think this is something that you'll be interested in or just interested in learning more about, please send me a message. Have a great day ! :)