Farming Collectables

The Back 40

The Back 40

Farm Hand
Does anyone here collect farming themed knick-knacks or something even bigger. There's a guy that doesn't live too far from me who has two vintage tractors "posed" in his front yard. It looks pretty cool.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
Some tractor parts remind me of my arduous farming journey, and so I keep them as blasts from the past. Do you have any collectibles on your farm? It would be great to have a vintage tractor!

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
We had old dump rake which I made into hold hanging flower pots,one day made offer my wife just couldn't refuse.
Now half dozen types of old spoke wagon wheels.

Riin

Riin

Farm Hand
I don’t have any but some acquaintances I know, they have kept a lot of stuff. I suppose these tractors must mean a lot to them, or their family probably!

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
We used to have a neat vintage wooden seeder in front of our house, that my wife used as a planter, but being wooden, it eventually fell apart. I used to also collect vintage toy tractors.

Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Farm Hand
Farming families that have been around 3 or 4 generations are the main offenders. It's more than just vintage or antique pieces to them. It's family history.

Giselle

Farm Hand
I don’t really have these vintage tractors but I always see some and they look really cool! I wonder if they can still work well and how much maintenance is costed.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
That depends on how well they were maintained before you buy them. I bought a 1950 TO-20 Ferguson tractor in 2000. I kept it for 15 years. It was a real workhorse. I only sold it because I was mostly using larger tractors and didn't need it anymore. I sold it for exactly what I bought it for, 15 years later, and it still ran perfectly. I actually miss it, it was a fun tractor.