Fermented apples

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
I keep hearing people talking about fermented apples. I know nothing of these but I do have many apple trees. Am I missing something? What are fermented apples?

Syd. L

Syd. L

Farm Hand
Well, if you ferment grapes in the right way it makes wine. Fermented apples are a little different, but the outcome is kind of the same. Pickled cucumbers come to mind in regards to the process of repurposing fruits and vegetables.

Sorry I'm being vague about this, but it's all I know about it. :)

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
I often wondered if fermented apples made you drunk (like wine). I'm new to this too.
I wouldn't have put pickled cucumbers (pickles) and fermented apples in the same category. I've got a lot to learn on this topic.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
We actually make cinnamon fermented apples. They are a great probiotic and super healthy. We just started this a few years back. I watched something on YouTube about the super food. We tried them, loved them and have been eating them since.

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
Cinnamon fermented apples, now they sure sound tasty! I've tried fermented apples but not cinnamon ones. I've never gotten drunk from eating them. They are pretty healthy.

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
That's how apple cider vinegar is made. You just need to add a sugar source and some water to your apple scraps. Set it in a warm spot and let it ferment for about six weeks or so.

BarkerB

BarkerB

Farm Hand
I did a lot of research and tried to make these. I think it would taste better with fresh from the tree apples (instead of store bought). I'll give it a shot in the fall.