Football and food

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I'm thankful for many things but my favorite part of Thanksgiving day is football and food. No matter how busy or tired we were, we always watched football on Thanksgiving (gramps, dad, uncles and boy cousins). Memories, traditions!

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Oh yeah! My team didn't play (Steelers) and that was disappointing but I still watched the games. Watching the Redskins (football team after name change) play the Cowboys.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
My dad was the same, but I watched it with him. It wasn't just a guy thing. We actually always played a game in the backyard too (with extended family). This year was pretty low-key.

MichaelS

MichaelS

Farm Hand
It's certainly a tradition in our house too, it's been for years. I know a lot of people stopped watching football this year because of politics. I am still watching though. Growing up we played football in our yards too.

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
I didn't mean any disrespect about saying just a guy thing. The ladies just never really got into it. My wife loves football though.
Desi- will your team ever play? I see a few Steelers are now on the Covid reserve list too.