Combines For Straw Boss

Silver_Bullet

It's a good probability that you you did chew one up. That can be easy to do and not even notice it. I know I have found traces of red, green, and a couple of shades of yellow painted metal come out the unloader and into the truck. Usually don't know about it till the truck gets dumped and plugs the grates at the elevator.

T__langan

Contrary to popular belief here on Gleaner Talk, Gleaner combines are not 100% indestructable when you happen to get a competeting brand caught in one - I once broke a sickle section - didn't even know I ran it through until the next round when I see the head wasn't cutting a strip in the center and seen the painted "residue" in the windrow. Occasionally, a tire will throw the rock door too. One thing I have noticed, I seldom see the pesky competition get in the way when conditions are tough - they usually hide in machine sheds until conditions get quite dry, then they come out and try to cause problems, only to go back to sheds in the afternoons when it starts getting tough again. So basicly, there are only a few hours each day where you have a chance of running one through.

STRAWBOSS

I THINK THE PIECE OF METAl WITH THE 760 ON IT MUST HAVE BEEN IN REFERENCE TO THE NUMBER OF ACRES THAT GlEANER CUT BEFORE IT FlEW APART!!!

GATOR

Thanx guys sometimes you just can`t be careful enough can you!