Combines Fuel solenoid problem and fuel pump questionIJ

T__langan

Rolf - I'll let the experts correct me here if I'm wrong - we just went through the same thing with the fuel injection pump on our R52. The Hyper Medicine Men told me to tell the diesel shop that you want All of your governor in the first 150 rpm of engine speed drop. You want to maintain engine speed and thus processor_cleaning component speeds in a combine. There is a plate on the pump itself that informs shop of what pump should be set at for horsepower. If there is no warranty left on combine, one could essentially set it a bit higher although I've heard some shops will require a waiver be signed to release them from any liability should the engine_combine disintegrate from too much power. Our R52's governor was not set correctly and it was VERY doggy, we were constantly hearing the low rpm "chirp" warning in the cab. Since we had our pump calibrated, it is a MONSTER now. Engine acts like it refuses to pull down, fuel use seems better than before (haven't checked it scientifically yet). I highly reccomend that if you or anyone thinks their Cummins is underpowered to have the pump calibrated instead of just turning the screw up to add more fuel. However, this is NOT a replacement for having a poorly tuned processor though. Go through the checklist (advice to anyone else, we know you are aware of the mods Rolf) of mods talked about here and make sure the rest of the combine is tuned. If not, be sure to HURTT your Gleaner and Hyprrrrrize it first. Best of luck

Hyper_Harvest_II

Rolf, There are two tags on your injection pump.One is located just below the rack of injection lines(Fuel Injection Pump Data Tag).The other is located on rear of injection pump on governor housing.(Governor Data Tag).Get me all of the information off of these two tags and I will get you or your pump man the information you need for dialing in this injection pump.

Dan

Hi Rolf, Havn't been dyno testing or pulling pumps much anymore after getting proper smooth flow threw the machines. Dyno is coupled to the left end of mainshaft after bolting up a PTO stubshaft. Shaft turns backwards in comparison to tractor so Dyno needs to be bydirectional. Then you pull her down and with well over 1000 ft. lbs. of torque at about 1400 RPM you clear away all the spectators before you start. As for this web site I have learned alot and we do have an increase in parts sales. Most farmers are very good to try buy at their local dealer (which is great) but they also patronize us with part of their purchase if we have helped them out. But I tell you there is nothing as satisfing as the farmers that call in after running their reborn Gleaner with nearly perfect natural flow. Really fun to hear the storys when they get the chance to run with the other colors but I won't go there. I have been getting the bug to come down there to see whats shaking or should I say not shaking or whatever. Do you think we could send the wifes into the outback and maybe we could take our Gleaners to the beach. Well I better post this before the wife comes snooping and reading my message. Good bye for now. Dan

JR

I'm one of Dan's customers and I would say reading the discussions here inspires confidence in his understanding and abilities. Would say that will more likely translate into repeat or continued business. I've been lost without help before and that is no fun.