Get Diesel Out Of Clothes

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
I'll tell ya what I do. I stick the clothes in a large container and fill it with hot water and some degreaser. I let it set for about half an hour. Then I pour it out. Next I soak the clothes in some Listerine which helps to remove the smell. Then I wash it in the washing machine with some Tide. That works pretty well for me.

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
I remove as much of the diesel as I can, then I soak my clothing in Coke and baking soda for an hour, before laundering as usual. I add those Downy Unstopables to help things along, but it's not great for the environment and it's pretty pricey. I hope you find something that works for you. Let us know how it goes.

Trubadour

Trubadour

Farm Hand
Fire will get 100% of the smell off the clothes and, because of the diesel, it's easy to get. LOL

I use Tide all the time and it's good for gasoline. Can't speak to diesel though.

Daddio7

Mix some TSP, the stuff used to clean walls, into enough water to cover the garment. Add garment and let soak for a few hours then wash separate from other clothing. Do not let sit overnight or bleaching will occur.

Breadtrk

Breadtrk

Farm Hand
Fire will get 100% of the smell off the clothes and, because of the diesel, it's easy to get. LOL

I use Tide all the time and it's good for gasoline. Can't speak to diesel though.

As a truck driver and small fleet owner...... Fire works every time. I've tried about everything mentioned plus a few more in the 60 or so years I've been around, nothing really works. This is why we have work clothes and other clothes.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
I'll tell ya what I do. I stick the clothes in a large container and fill it with hot water and some degreaser. I let it set for about half an hour. Then I pour it out. Next I soak the clothes in some Listerine which helps to remove the smell. Then I wash it in the washing machine with some Tide. That works pretty well for me.
Such a great idea because I had never imagined that it was possible to achieve this. Who even knew that Listerine had other uses too?
As a truck driver and small fleet owner...... Fire works every time. I've tried about everything mentioned plus a few more in the 60 or so years I've been around, nothing really works. This is why we have work clothes and other clothes.
Wow, this got me laughing out loud. It can be hectic trying to remove these stains at times, yeah?