Goats need a job

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Goats browse, like deer, they don't graze. So goats eat a variety of things, they're especially good at clearing weeds. I know people who rent out their herds to clear weeds, especially poison ivy, which they love to eat.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
My goats actually found their own job. My parents are elderly and they need extra help so they live on our property, but they still have their own home and yard. Well, the goats have completely ignored my parents' domain until a couple of weeks ago. For some reason they decided to march up introduce themselves. They became fast friends. Dad has even taught a couple of them to jump through a hula-hoop. I had no idea that he even had a hula-hoop, but apparently he ordered it from Amazon for the express purpose of teaching them tricks. It's adorable! My parents are happy with the new arrangement, so I'd say that my goats are earning their keep.

ChickensAndCows

ChickensAndCows

Farm Hand
Goats browse, like deer, they don't graze. So goats eat a variety of things, they're especially good at clearing weeds. I know people who rent out their herds to clear weeds, especially poison ivy, which they love to eat.
I had no idea that goats eat poison ivy! I don't have goats, but now that I know that they eat poison ivy, I'll have to seriously consider it. We have a large patch of poison ivy that is impossible to control.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
@Petal to the Metal, that is hilarious! How cool that they're each supplying some fun and companionship for the other. I like stories like yours. You've made my day!