Good Reading Material

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
Can anyone recommend a good book that is set in the country? Fiction depicting rural living? I'm in the mood for a good book right now.

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
Romance or non-romance? If you're looking for a romance novel, I'll have to ask my wife for suggestions. If you're just looking for a good story, then check out Beloved by Toni Morrison. It's a bit spooky and it takes place in rural Cincinnati.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
I'm not much of a fiction, so I'm offering a memoir by Jeannette Walls instead. It's called The Glass Castle and I couldn't put it down. It's a haunting story. Oh! I just remembered a great fiction story, called Tarry Flynn, by Patrick Kavanagh that might suit your needs.

Gardenry

Farm Hand
What about Stephen King's Pet Cemetery? Do you like Western themed books, like those by Louis L'Amour? The material is a bit dated, but they're still excellent reads on a rainy day.

Jack L

Jack L

Farm Hand
I'm not much of a fiction, so I'm offering a memoir by Jeannette Walls instead. It's called The Glass Castle and I couldn't put it down. It's a haunting story.

I saw the movie with Woodie Harrelson as the dad. One of the most heart wrenching movies I've ever seen, and I've seen my share. If the book is half as good as the movie, I'm in.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
You may want to try out Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (I hear there is a movie in the works too). Thank you for your suggestions as well; I already have ideas for my 2021 reading list!