Got Any Firearms?

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
No, I don't even like to be around them. Guns make me uncomfortable for some reason. It's illegal here to shoot a gun within city limits anyway, so I can't see much use for them. I don't care if other people own them, but I don't like open carry laws. It feels hostile and intimidating to be around folks who are loaded down with killing machines.

ARC55

ARC55

Farm Hand
I have several, but most of them came from family members that passed away. I use my Winchester rifle the most often. It's great for scaring away critters.

@vincenzosassone, I don't think this place is necessarily meant to be a United States centric forum. Several of our forum members come from other countries which is great. We can all help one another out and learn about the different agriculture practices from other nations. Plus, our prices/yield/demand, often affect one another as do our trade laws and agricultural laws.

Last edited:

vincenzosassone

Farm Hand
@vincenzosassone, I don't think this place is necessarily meant to be a United States centric forum. Several of our forum members come from other countries which is great. We can all help one another out and learn about the different agriculture practices from other nations. Plus, our prices/yield/demand, often affect one another as do our trade laws and agricultural laws.
I'm very happy to hear this, greatest thanks!

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
Yep. I actually come from Italy, Europe. Maybe it's strange for you have an Italian in your forum, but let me explain. Italy is ahead in comparison to the most of the countries in many aspects, but under the point of view of agriculture we are really bad. We don't have a lot of knowledge, the first sector of the national economy is low in comparison of the others,and what's more, formus aren't very present. For this reason I follow an italian forum as well as an english forum in order to have a more clear situation. Excuse me if my presence here makes you not a lot happy but this is just my hobby... Anyway, my english isn't very bad according to some natives!
I nearly forgot, here in Italy only the boar hunters have a gun...
Forum members come from all over the world and folks here are incredibly kind. I ask ridiculous questions all the time when I should probably already know the answer, yet I always get helpful advice. I hope you'll stick around and continue to post! Your presence is very welcome here.

GoatGal

GoatGal

Farm Hand
I don't own any firearms myself, but lots of my friends and family do. I will sometimes shoot clay pigeons with friends, but it's not something I do often enough to purchase my own firearm.

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
Yes, we have several. They're very much needed for slaughtering large animals that we're going to process. They're handy for when calving goes wrong and an animal needs put down quickly so they don't suffer. Everyone in our household knows to respect guns and leave them alone. I'm not worried that we'll have an accidental shooting. They don't stay loaded. Our family understands how guns work and how to stay safe.

FaithBean

FaithBean

Farm Hand
My family has a few guns that we mostly use for hunting and shooting sports. I don't use them myself, but they are respected and kept safe from small hands.