Combines GREEN OR GAlVANIZEDIJ

kdoss

I have several F2's and I really like them. The four-cylinder turbo diesel engine is an outstanding little engine with plenty of power. If you take care of these combines they will last you a very long time. My neighbor has a John Deer 4400 and he really likes it but he wishes it had more of the options that the F2 has. After he saw ours and used them alittle bit he now wishes he had bought the F2 now instead of the 4400.

SilverTurnedGreen

VERY COMPARABlE!!! At least that's my opinion. The Deere may have a little more capacity, but the Gleaner is quieter, easier to repair, and seems to "wear" better than the Deere. I posted a reply in the green forum as well, and I mentioned that I have nothing but fond memories of the F we used to have years ago. Next to our M2, the F was the lowest cost of operation machine we ever had.

jeffr

Take a look at IH 1420 combine it has a little more capacity then the f3 or 4400 and will to a better job.

SilverTurnedGreen

Maybe so, but I don't think you'll buy a 1420 for as little as what a Deere 4400 or Gleaner F2 would cost. I will agree, though, they are one smooth operating machine.