Growing corn

Farming Nana

I am growing corn in my garden this year! I normally do not grow corn! I got a new gardening tractor this year so I decided to enlarge my garden! I noticed today that something is munching on the leaves! What can I use that is organic for a repellant to help with this or do I just need to use something stronger like 7 dust?

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
Do you know whether it's a bug or a critter that is bothering it? Either way, mix together some hot sauce and dish soap and spray it on the leaves as a deterrent. Don't overdo it and don't spray it during the heat of the day. I haven't needed to use chemicals in a long time. You just have to be creative.

Farming Nana

Do you know whether it's a bug or a critter that is bothering it? Either way, mix together some hot sauce and dish soap and spray it on the leaves as a deterrent. Don't overdo it and don't spray it during the heat of the day. I haven't needed to use chemicals in a long time. You just have to be creative.
It looks like some type of bug eating on the leaves. I do not like to use chemicals in my garden. I will try the hot sauce and dish soap! Thank you for sharing that with me!

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Stink bugs have been a problem for me lately and so far, I've warded them off with diatomaceous earth. I just sprinkle it around the base of the plant and on the leaves. Unfortunately, it needs to be reapplied after it rains, but I've found that the bugs move on within a few days so it's not so much of an issue. I hope you find a solution that works for you, @Farming Nana.

vincenzosassone

Farm Hand
I do not like to use chemicals in my garden.
I'm too the typical person who dislikes the use of chemicals, if I have to grow my plants to eat by myself (and mine is a self-production) I don't want to eat the chemicals I can find without problems in all the food I buy...
I noticed today that something is munching on the leaves!
Anyways, talking about something important I want to say that at the beginning I had an idea of what were these bugs, and then, thanks to Almost Eden I realized I was right: you are talking about stink bugs.
I don't have a precise advice for you, I don't know whether you only keep in your garden corn or, like me, you have a lot of different crops, but if the place in which you hold corn is little, you can also use gloves in order to take them with your hands and kill them. You can throw them on the ground and kill the bugs. I know it sounds strange but my grandparents have always been doing it without problems even though I have never done something of this kind...