Help a new farmer

nikos.farmer

nikos.farmer

Hello guys,im nick im 18 years old and i live in greece.From when i was kid i really loved nature so now as i get older i really start thinking give up big towns and go straight to my village.But here is a problem that i dont care at all i have only 10acres.Thats all i want now your opinions on this topic.if its possible to live a good life there with this acres

Paul

Paul

Farm Hand
Hello Nick,

10 acres is a good amount to start out with. That'll give you room to grow crops. I read a story a while back about a man who grew all of his food using neighbors' yards as gardens, so I know you can sustain yourself on 10 acres.

kneedeep

kneedeep

Farm Hand
A friend near me raises tomatoes on about 3 acres and does very well selling them to locals.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Our first farm was just under 10 acres. Our main business was goat milk. We also had a small egg business, where we shipped eggs from here in upstate New York to NYC and we also sold sheep wool. You can do a lot on 10 acres.

Skyline

Skyline

Farm Hand
It’s not really a problem, don’t worry about that! Kicking off is the most important step. Some people gave up at the very beginning stage or only had the plan but never made it works. So, I think for you, if you are determined, make sure you really start working on it.

nikos.farmer

nikos.farmer

guys thanks you all. im thinking to build my own organic egg business but i dont know how is it is to sell it in other countries far away from yours