Helping the unhelpful

OhSusanna

OhSusanna

Golden Chicken
Would you continue to help someone who is never willing to help someone else, not even when they have the means and the abilities to do so? I know we have some natural givers and takers in the world, but how much is too much?

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
I tend to be more forgiving when it comes to family, even when I know they don't care for others. I never stop helping family. I'm more capable of drawing boundaries with friends and acquaintances when they start taking advantage.

Digger

Digger

Golden Chicken
I know we have some natural givers and takers in the world, but how much is too much?
I can't say that I've ever kept score. I don't expect anything back after doing a favor anyway. Maybe that's because I only help someone if I truly want to and not because I feel like I have some familial or societal obligation to do so.

vincenzosassone

Farm Hand
Would you continue to help someone who is never willing to help someone else, not even when they have the means and the abilities to do so? I know we have some natural givers and takers in the world, but how much is too much?
I don't know exactly, since I have never lived something of this kind (I know this souds strange, but in my family we try to help each other) but I think I would help him even if he is something like a "taker". Anyway, the most important thing you need to keep in check is the relatioship you have with him in my opinion.

Grower

Grower

Farm Hand
I'll only offer my assistance if it does good to the person. I find that some guidance only worsens situations; wherein the receiver can become dependent. That can only be harmful to them in the long term, so better to think it through.

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
I don't keep score either. I'm always willing to help someone if they need it and I can help. I don't really pay attention to other people in how much they help others.