Combines HHD

2rotorsrule

Husker was the best I've seen yet. Was impressed with the New Holland. They had excessive header loss a few years back..not this year. Gleaner cracked the worse....the 9650 with the chopper type header was leaving a lot of grain on their cracked up cobs behind the combine. Massey and Challenger did ok....New Holland had the least loss accoding to the guys that were "officially" checking(I guess the drop screens behind them further down the field to check loss) and in my opinion had the least cracked kernels. Everyone cracked a little bit. John Deere I guess finally admits they have a rotor...in fact, says it on the side "Bullet Rotor" didn't seem to help...the Cat was impressive with its 16 row header...I think I'll stick to a 12 row though....its a bit much for now...maybe in the future....I have to admit...the Cat left a lot of finely cracked up pieces all over the ground behind the shoe. One last thing....360 hp. Duramax with 650 ft_lb torque....6 speed Allison Auto....

Case_Farmer

Those trucks are AWESSSSOMEEEEEEE and glad to hear the newholland did better than the others...

Rooster

I don't think that the lexion necessarily did that bad. Its grain samples in the trays had far less than or equal to any other and it left fewer kernels on the ground, per sq. ft., than any other. I didn't see any craked grain behind the New Holland, but did see about 7-8 kernels (per sq. ft.) in multiple places behind it.

2rotorsrule

the Cat had crushed up pieces everywhere...I took a picture of it cause it was so bad...I didn't find but a few scattered kernels where I was looking, but I suppose there were places it could have had higher loss. like I said, the "officals" told New Holland they had the lowest grain loss, and the Cat seemed to have a lot of fines behind it. I'm not bashing the Cat, we run a 480 with a twelve row, and have run 6 mph in 203 bu. irrigated corn. We do a very good job, and I am the only operator of this combine in corn and beans, and run it 80% of the time in our wheat. I like the machine and we do a very clean job for grain sample and losses. I do wish we could trade our TR98 for a CR 970, but just can't make it work right now.