Combines Hopper Slope Kit

John

I've never heard of this, what is itIJ I thought you meant a grain bin slope kit. Cutting this high moisture corn I could use that.

tbran

are you referring to the wedge kitIJ Header tilt 5.7degree proir to sn 25001 71377608 after71373088 end high rise sheetmetal is 71353074 hood over conveyor 71371092 little more info maybe I can help

dibber

We just got our new hugger head and I was looking in the owners manual. On page 31 figure 70 it shows a hopper bottom riser package that can be installed. John Keller refered to this in a post he put on here on 10-24-98 if you want to see what he said. I can't find the part number for this so I can get it ordered. Its not listed in parts or whole goods.

Dan

The machinery number is n71371088 and number threw parts is n71363098. I got a chance to run a hugger last fall on a R72 and found the header auger and feed chain to slip out at times when going was good. I found that while watching the flow behind auger that it was not smooth and the paint wore off quickly where flighting ended from both sides. I though I either need to extend flighting to get rid of gap or I need to get rid of the pocket inbetween auger and feed chain. low and behold I went to the op. manual and saw the picture of a slope kit. I figured the first thing to do is install a slope kit so I made one up and installed it. Did not get a chance to try it out. Slope kit should eliminate the problem but if not totally I will extend auger flighting to meet in the middle. The slope kit will prevent the cops from sitting down in that valley. It is very hard to get a perfect feed if the auger has to push the cobs over one another or down threw that valley. Slope should eliminate the need to monkey around with moving chain ahead or back in feeder housing. Hope that helps you out. You can use the part number to view slope in the latest parts book and don't pay any attention where they mention it is for putting a hugger on older N's. Good luck. Dan

dibber

Does leaving the front drum down with the shocks help for feeding in cornIJ Maybe the slope kit and the drums in grain position will make it feed better in most conditions.

Dan

Didn't notice any difference what so ever with drums in corn position or grain position with shocks installed. Wasn't a big problem but I don't think that one should have to use reverser regularly. Yes I think the drum stops and position can be left just the same as previos crop if slope kit is installed. Happy shelling. Dan