How Long Until You Can Drive On Concrete

Raymon

How long until you can drive on concrete after it has been poured? Is it longer if you are driving heavy equipment? Asking for a very impatient friend.

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
For super heavy equipment? I'd probably let it sit for 20-30 days. Did your friend actually pour his concrete this time of year while it's cold? It's not impossible to manage, but it sure takes a lot of extras. I think your buddy is about to be disappointed.

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
Concrete reaches 90% of its full strength seven days after you pour it, so you can begin to drive personal vehicles, like cars and pickup trucks on it then. You should wait a full 30 days before driving heavier equipment on it.

Paul

Paul

Farm Hand
Give the concrete plenty of time to set before you drive anything on it. A week is long enough to wait to driver lighter vehicles on it like four wheelers, golf carts, cars, and regular pickup trucks. You might be able to get away with driving heavier machinery like bulldozers or tractors on it sooner, but I'd wait a full 30 days to be safe.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
That would depend on whether you mind cracks or not. Lol

Turfman

Depends on the concrete strength and thickness, concrete for vehicles would be above 25 mpa and above, for salt resistance, 35 mpa., batched at a 5" slump, finishers are to keep theirs hands off the water tap on the truck. Extra site water destroys your water to cement ratios.
Whats in the slab for reinforcing, rebar, WWM or fibers?
Concrete is best cured with water and curing blankets.
At the time of casting, cast a few cylinders. Have them broke for strength at 7, 28 and 56 days.
Remember, larger stone in your concrete mix design will prevent cracking and shrinkage cracks.
Don't forget your control joints, sawed 1/3 of the slab thickness. Try to keep the sawed areas to 100 sf sections.
Good luck