How Much Do Farm Hands Make

Commodore

How much do farmhands make? How much do you usually pay per hour? Does that include health insurance? Do you give bonuses? I'm wondering what the average rate is.

William Van

William Van

Farm Hand
It's usually 11 bucks an hour. This is the average. True wages are going to vary by location, cost of living, the generosity of the farm owner doing the hiring, etc....

This is largely unskilled labor so most people, on both sides of the fence if you will, know what they're getting into.

jenniferwhie

How much do farmhands make? How much do you usually pay per hour? Does that include health insurance? Do you give bonuses? I'm wondering what the average rate is.
we have very larger farm here 1800 milk cow are milk daily here have dry cow and up and coming cow too we have corps to put in in spring and first cut to take off them the fall harvest starts 10 crews are in the fields each crew has 5 people working on the crew we ask for you to have a class 1 licenses to work in the fields we have semi truck you need to drive too this christmas 500 people we employee now just add a new barn 2 add 200 my worker here may the other barn will be ready and have they new worker ready and trained too
we pay min wage no overtime pay for the over time if you work 1 hour over you back it we give you 1 1/2 hours you more need to bank the time we have supply house and vehicle too and health care to we give 4 weeks payed vacation to in the summer and 2 in the winter we do supply a RV and truck for the summer holidays too and a pay holiday to a picked vacation spot that is up the the employees to pick that one min wage here is 15 dollar per hour you do the math with what we pay extra