Combines Hydraulic electric problems 9750

Steve

This could help. On CaseIH machines these functions are on individual relays which are energized by another relay which is energized by an oil pressure switch on the engine. When I had this similar problem it was sporadic. To make sure I fixed the problem with one shot I replaced both the sending unit and the main relay. Was told this setup was for safety so you couldn't drop the header, reel, etc. by just turning the key on and not have the engine running.

dakota

That you can cure it by restarting the engine and that way rebooting all computers, tells me that you need a new armrest board. We've had to change one too last year.

gben

That too is possible however we replaced the board and the jouy stick with all guts lastt fall.

Wind

Might also have the board in the armrest checked out, these have been known to flake out and cause similar problems to what you are having.

gben

Thanks and right on. Bad board under arm rest. Mechanic said Deere told them they knew there was a problem and they have changed suppliers. Deere however, did not volunteer that information to owners or agree to replace the faulty boards. Mechanic replaced 3 yesterday and at least 12 over the past week.

dakota

It could still be the board again. Semiconductors are touchy, espcecially when engineered sloppy.

pc

I have a letter from JD that partly reads. Safety notice to ownersof John Deere 9450,9550, 9650, 9650cts, 9650 stsand 9760sts combines [program 00HX184]. Dear John Deere customer, We have discovered apotential saftey problem may exist with certain John Deere 50 series combines.The supplier may have improperly manufactured a ribbon cable used in arm rest control.This can lead to a short circuit between electrical conductors associated with the reel raise and lower_reel for and aft switch, the draper belt speed switch, the reel speed switch,and, on the STS combine,the straw spreader switch.Please contact your John Deere dealer immediately to make arrangements for inspection and repair of the armrest console.The feeder house lowers. The reel moves foward.The unloading auger engages.The unloading auger swings out.Contour master feeder house tilts to the right.The feeder house raises.The sidehill leveling function engages.The powered rear axle engages. This modification will be completed at no cost to you.Sincerely aftermarket department John Deere limited.This letter was received 21-9-00.Iwish you luck. I have had the armrest control board and wirering harness replaced. auger still comes out without switch activation, front starts to lift when reel is raised,front tries to lift when auger is put away.

gben

could you please fax or mail me a copy of that letter. That is exactly what ours did and they replced the board and charged me for it. I have not paid the bill and would like some ammunition. Thanks. FAX 405-533-3721 or Gene Benson, 1413 Oakfield ct. Stillwater, ok 74074 or gben@brightok.net. Thanks again.