Combines I ve got pics of the NEW 50 Series Combines and 9400T Tractors

Dual_Wheels

I guess the reason for Deere's entry into the rotary market,besides the CTS,is reaching a plateau in 9610 capacity,compared to a CAT lexion and R72.Similar to when they changed from 2cyls. to 4 cyl.and6 cyls.Is CAT still going to build lexion's in Neb.or would they buy NH's plant if they decide to close it.With the rumors about Case -IH's new giganto,all 4 tires the same size,center mounted unload auger thingy,finally able to handle a 12-row legitimately,JD didn't want to be left too far behind more so.

riceman

Better late than never! I have a book on the histiry of Cat and in the book it says that they were the first company to build a combine. It took them 80 years(give or take a few) to get it right.

Dual_Wheels

I'm a JD fan but I've also read in GREEN MAGAZINE(a magazine about JD 2 cylinders)that Cat sold their West Coast combine line to JD(late 20's early 30's) because they(CAT) wanted to concentrate on crawlers and bulldozers, and Deere needed a way to crack into the western market for the large combines,since they only built small combines for the Midwest.I'd keep a lowkey because those combines may have been a stepping stone to the venerable "55"that some manufacturers may have copied.Did CAT go back into combines because JD came out with track tractorsIJWho knows,sure wasn't because of the great farm economy.