Combines info need non combine 4 X 4 MF s

hv_user

There was alot of those sold in this area in south eastern Washington.I worked for the Caterpillar Massey dealer back than. He would take out a steel track and rubber track and they would buy one or the other.The 1805 tractors had a Cat v8 in this aplication it did not work. They would break the rod bolts and the piston would come out the side. We had two new 3208's in stock at all times.The rest of the tractor was all right but if you want a good tractor get a 4840 4880 4900 Massey.

greenstrat

Hey, Onion farmer.. a guy I know pretty close to me has an 1805 and he replaced the 3208 with a 8V71 detroit. Still has it and it seems to hold together. Just uses it for a backup for a 65 challenger now though.

hv_user

Thats what some guys did around here and they had lots hours on those tractors .One big farm 15 miles from here had 12 of those tractors all with detroits.Some were sill going in the 90's and most had well over 10000 hours.Hope things are going well for you and you have good harvest.

greenstrat

Things are fine here, as long as I don't get in a hurry and break things! This is the fourth year of too dry and this summer has been a real tough one. Too cold early, but enough rain to get stuff started then about the last week in june the rains dwindled to very small showers. We might have had About an inch spread out over four little spits since then. By some miracle, we are going to have some crops. The corn looks better than the beans which is the opposite of last year. I am happy it isn't worse. Sounds like your 8780XP is a winner.. Massey dealer in Falls City, Ne (80 miles from me) has one and a 9790 or 9690, I couldn't read the side well as I drove by. GS