Combines Information overload

tbran

Bert, or should we call you "lucky"IJ Geez.... oh well we went through a few drough years ourselves. You should be ok. We sometimes had to run a concave filler or two and remove the wear strip on the stone door in such conditions. A square end chaffer helps to keep out the cobs you are going to have. Try it and post back with problems.

Bert

tbran do you start putting concave fillers on bottom or at the top, also should I run a wedge or notIJ What kind of rotor loss can I expect to haveIJ Hope corn yields arn't down 65% like beans were!!!!

tbran

bottom front first. Rotor loss should be 1-2% max. Wedgies are built in not performed on these as in the lunch line of 3d graders. Set the cyl. level at -0- at the top. Then level using the long rods at the top of the grate. Make the bars all click the top concave bar. Then set the botom to 7_16 (.4") using the big draw bolts at the bottom. Then set the gauges to mid. I then run the grate up one and a half marks on wheat and soybeans and down from mid one and a half for corn. Set the clearance at 4 to start with. Too wide a clearance usually doesn't give any more capacity and results in rotor loss. Experiment for your conditions.