Combines Is spring hereIJ

The_Red

Central Indiana is in a moderate drought. Northern IN is close to severe. We still have a 7 inch deficit of rain and the reservoirs around Indy are only half full in volume. My farm neighbors are going to plant 2_3 soybeans this year and not risk a poor yield on the corn.

wheat_whacker

We had an unusual event down here in North Texas last night. Got about 1" of rain. I looked at some of the wheat Sunday some it is about 8 to 10" tall. It was starting to get critically dry. Alot of it was starting to really turn blue. No dead leaves so i don't suppose we lost any yield potential. The wheat looks surprisingly good. It is supposed to be in the 70's and windy all week. We will probably be able to sit and watch that stuff grow. They are talking rain again Friday and we could really use it. The talk of widespread drought is true of our area. We cleaned out our pond in our drought 2 years ago. It filled up with about 13' of water it is nearly dry again.

customcombiner

I don't thnik there should be a wide spread drought, we might actually have a all right year. Just the right amount of rain in April-June, seeding in March, not that June and May stuff like last year. In North Dakota anyways, I've heard the Central states are supposed to be droughty this year.

ilovegreen

hey north dakota whats up. i am wondering if spring is here myself. where ya from. i live in crosby. not much snow here either. where do ya liveIJIJIJIJIJ

beet

spring has came for a vist here in centeral ontario . temp of 50 degrees and getting warmer on the weekend.some needed rain in the forecast,but we had a nice snow cover that is slowly melting hope it soakes into the soil .wheat looks ok for now ,but them cold march winds are yet to come ,they can be hard on the wheat .looks like we made it though another winter wont be long till spring planting and them fuel and fert bills start showing up in the mail box.

ilovegreen

hey north dakota whats up. i am wondering if spring is here myself. where ya from. i live in crosby. not much snow here either. where do ya liveIJIJIJIJIJ

drylander

Hello from eastern Colorado. We have been warm and dry until yesterday when we received 3_4 inch of rain. The wheat looked good before the rain but it will grow know. Still planing on planting corn so I hope it continues to rain.

95man

Mid seventies toady, supposed to rain tomorrow and then clear off, we're 3-4" shy in the H2O department, and I have also heard of many who are going with Milo over corn for the reason of low subsoil moisture. Wheat doesn't look bad, short, but not brown or blue. And our pastures our in decent enough shape to help limit how much hay the cattle are eating.

hage2

Here in southern MN its about 50 degrees and raining. Soil moisture is low but the snowcover is adding some moisture. Not much subsoil moisture, so if the spring rains dont come, it could be a very dry year.

15_40

Thanks for all the replies. Maybe no drought yet anyway. We are forcast to get maybe 6 inches of snow Saturday. That might slow those guys in the northern Red River valley abit. They have been in the field for a couple of days.