Joining a farmers group

greg

greg

Farm Hand
I have, for a long time, toyed with the idea of joining a farmers association. For one, information spreads fast when we work together. Also, there are economic benefits when farmers help each other, plus different skills are better used. What did you consider before deciding to join a group?

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I belong to some gardeners' groups, but I haven't joined one for farmers specifically. I think you should go for it though. I've found the Chamber of Commerce worthwhile. I bet the association for farmers will benefit you.

RuralFarm

RuralFarm

Farm Hand
Organizing farmers in groups has many benefits, including being part of other farmers that can spearhead innovation. I have seen researchers and engineers approaching such groups. You should assess the group and see if its structure fits what you want to achieve.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I highly recommend it! I've belonged to mine for years and the fellas are great for knowing which store stocks a product you need to who has the best deal on hay that month. The camaraderie is nice too.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
We have not joined any farming association. I haven't heard of any in our local area. I'm all for joining though if there was one. This is something I will look into for sure.