Combines l unloading auger

Dan

Spray lots of penetrating oil in the seam where all the balls are located. Hook hoses back up to cylinder and rock unloader in and out until it breaks loose. Be sure anchor for chain on end of cylinder shaft is screwed onto shaft all the way or better yet weld it to shaft. That would be to help prevent it from breaking now or in the future. Cylinder can still be repaired if it should ever start to leak. See post on number of balls from a few days ago on N6 collar. The collar should have as many balls that will fit less one. You should of heard the conversation via phone to farmers shop and then from farmers shop to field via radio. It was all about lubing the balls and moving it in and out. By the time they were getting the oil in the right place and the auger started swinging it was a real riot. I have a laugh about that every time I see that farmer or someone calls with an auger that won't swing. Good luck to you.

tbran

hey dan, have you tried any of those teflon unloader ring elbowsIJ We have a couple out and no feed back yet... just wondering from you or anyone else. Met M Gorden at the the Farm Machinery show. Nice guy! Thanked him FOR THE FORUM!

T__langan

Well, well! I guess now we all know what North Dakotans do for entertainment!! :)

sidewinder

Four years ago I bought 3 teflon collars for the unloading auger. they worked perfectly and don't hangup like the ballbearings do. As I remember

Dan

No Tim I havn't tried one. We have allways been able to replace the balls and inner ring to get by. I can't remember having any trouble with the ball system since they added grease zirks. Good to hear you meet Marvin. He sure did develop a good Forum here and I bet he was happy to see the face behind your posts. Have a good one.