Combines l3 l2 capacity vs 9500

airfarmer

Ed, my brother and I do some custom wheat harvesting, he has a 9600 that handles the hillsides quite a bit better than my Gleaner (he always gets the hills!)so I know there is a big difference in that respect,(there shouldn't be much difference between the 9500 and 9600) also a big difference in capacity.

silverturnedgreen

My neighbor traded his l3 for a (slightly used) 9500 three years ago. He noted a moderate increase of capacity in corn, but a more significant capacity increase in beans and small grains. As far as sidehill capabiolities; - all he farms IS hills, and he certainly has NO complaints. He was happy with his l3, though.

DannyBoy

Why are you planning to switch brandsIJIJ Is it for support and dealerIJ There's alot of Capicity in a R52. I'm not saying you should stay with Gleaner. I know a post like this sometimes starts a little color bashing. But that is not my intent, thanks.

airfarmer

I'm switching brands mostly because of the dealer. He hires high school kids in the summer and after school to work for him . He is the salesman, mechanic, book keeper and janitor. Also doesn't have a shop big enough (unless he cleans it out) to put a combine inside so they have to work outside! So much for winter programs. Part of the problem is that he has been hit hard financially, not related to the business which isn't his fault. Also takes two days to get parts from Agco, only one from JD (and 5 JD dealers within a 70 mile radius). I really like the l3 but getting too many hours.