Combines looking to trade need to know

Dan

Hello Tom, There was a kit in 1993 to increase HP on '92 R52 to '93 specs. Elevator drives got moved to the top in '93 on the R52's with chain drive at the final link. In '94 they went to belt drive on the final link. I like the belt drive for it is quite and is self tentioning so when you adjust the tailings elevator you don't have to remember to loosen chain drive idler. I have seen a few jackshafts break because they didn't loosen chain drive after adjusting elevator and chain was more than fiddle string tight until the shaft broke. The long shoe came in '96 and there was complaining about it on the R52's also. We never had any problem in our area with long shoe. I think the higher fan speed campaign took care of problems and the adjustable front few louvers also helped. I havn't found yet where Gleaner is making the extended bars for the R50's yet. loewens' bars are made very well.Good luck in whatever you do. Dan

Dan

Tom, Was going threw some dyno spec. and find the '95 R52 liquid was bumped up about 20 hp from '94 R52 liquid. Also was thinking that long shoe problem may have been less if straw wasn't being ground up to much and a couple upgrades may of helped. Happy shoping but not at the mall. Dan

Dan

Tom, To be more specific and accurate. R50's and air cooled R52's prior to 1992 1_2, S_N5000, were rated at 190hp. Eff.1992 1_2, S_N 5001, R52's with air cooled were rated at 210hp. Prior to 1995 R52 liquid cooled were rated at 202hp. Eff. 1995 liquid cooled R52's were rated at 225hp. When they bumped the hp on the air cooled they added some anti-air recirculation panels in the area of tailings elevator. There now that should do it. Dan