Combines lotza Gleaner pics

T__langan

Should have mentioned there are also links to scans of the rare l4 literature and some pics of a Gleaner combine plant tour I took several years ago. Tom l.

Coug_Fan

I really enjoyed the l liteature. It's nice to see other Gleaner models which were never sold in this area.

John

Neat pictures. Is that a 2 or 3 row corn head on the EIJ Always wondered what 200+ bu corn would do to an old 2 row combine. And why was the grain on the ground beside the A2IJ I used to have a whole bunch of l4 literature but threw away. I met the one guy in the middle of that one picture once at a custom harvestor meeting in Wichita. We were thinking if the l4 took off we might try to become a dealer for them. Talked to delaer yesterday that sold them and he said he don't know where the one he sold is now as they traded it for an R72.

kw

Does anybody know how many of the l4's were madeIJ It looks like it would have been a great machine.

T__langan

To answer your IJIJ's - that's a 2-38 head on the E. As for the pile of grain - we had plugged the clean grain elevator and that is how much we got out of her after opening the boot..... and if you buy that, I have some ocean-front property in Wisconsin I'll sell ya too! Actually, it's a pile of gravel we had just gotten to re-do our farm driveways to prevent mudholes. Sorry, couldn't resist! Tom l.

T__langan

When Deutz bought Allis, Allis - Chalmers retained ownership of this factory down in Mexico. They bought the rights to manufacture the l's from Deutz-Allis Corp. after DA discontinued the conventional line in favor of the rotories. They had no affiliation with Deutz Allis or AGCO from what I've been told. Any parts needed for these combines could be bought from DA or AGCO due to the fact that most everything was the same as the l3. It was a weird situation. I have heard there were only about 7 or 8 of the l4's made. Tom l.