Lower Lumber Price?

Thyme Flies By

Thyme Flies By

Farm Hand
When do you all think the price of lumber will go down? I bought some wood yesterday to make a flower bed and couldn't believe how expensive it was to get the lumber. I'm guessing it went up because of the pandemic. Do you think prices will fall soon since the vaccine is here? I was going to make a garden bench too, but that will have to wait.

MartyR

Farm Hand
Yeah, I've been putting off a few projects, just waiting for the price to come down. I've still got some scrap wood that I've been using to patch things up. Hopefully it will get us through the season.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I've got a lot of work I have to do to my barn. I'm not looking forward to lumber prices. Plus my favorite building supply place just went out of business. The brothters who owned it retired and sold it to a chain, so I don't know if lumber prices had anything to do with that. But at least they made sure that all of their employees had jobs with the chain that bought it.

Gordyg

Gordyg

Farm Hand
We have been watching the prices for over a year. I think they will continue to rise for a while. The price of gas is getting crazy high here and that drives up the price of everything! Gas prices will continue to rise because the pipeline business is getting a kick in the pants from our Government!