Combines M 3 Rattle

Tom

Dean, I had a side hill raddle in an M2 and I would say it reduced losses on my knolls a great deal. I also had an Air Flow Grain Saver that was even better. You should be aware of several sprocket options for separator raddle, feeder beater, and thresher beater. Your parts book will list them. I found there was no one size fits all when it comes to these sprockets. Good luck,

tbran

correct, and also chaffler levelers, short levelers over the raddle, removing metal curtain over raddle, walker extentions on outside 2 walkers, shaker pan risers partitions, and thresher beater speed up sprocket. All help a little in the absence of accerator rolls of the rotary.

T__langan

We ran sidehill raddles in our F3 and M3 and wouldn't have been without them. They seem to help a lot. We never could tell much difference from our air-flow grain saver though as the belt broke that drove it on the M3. We continued without it for a few days before getting a replacement belt and couldn't see much difference. We just ran a sidehill separator raddle in our M3, not a thresher raddle. May have made even more difference if we had.... Best of luck!

Tom

Dean, There was a separator raddle speed up kit that put more trash on the walkers but I dont recall when or why we used it. The dealer suggested it after watching me cut beans. Thresher beater drive sprocket. This one is on the cylinder shaft, lH side. Use 18 tooth for corn or small grain. 25, 30, and 35 tooth sprockets are for beans. Small sprocket for dry beans and large sprockets for tough beans. We seldom used the 35. Feeder beater sprockets. 44 tooth for corn or small grain and 38 tooth for beans. This is all that comes to mind now. let us know if you have other questions or need clarification. That M3 is one of the finest combines and it was years ahead of the competition when it was introduced. Good luck with yours. Tom Russell