Mask situation is a mess!

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
Each state, county, city, and even the stores themselves might have their own rules about masking and vaccination requirements. We're expected to know these rules as business owners, which would be fair, except they change on a dime. Is it troublesome for the entire industry or is it only affecting those of us who are directly involved with customers at the point of sale? I wish we had rules in place that everyone in the United States followed in order to ease confusion and get everyone on the same page.

ChickensAndCows

ChickensAndCows

Farm Hand
That would be so helpful! I get really stressed out trying to figure out all the rules and exceptions. We are fully vaccinated, so we don't have to wear our masks anymore, but we still wear them, in part because it's just easier and less hassle.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
That would make sense, but have the states handled any of this pandemic the same? It's been so political since the beginning. Blue states handle it one way, while red states a different way. I'm in a blue state and it's been a hot mess.

Charli

Farm Hand
I do believe that it's up to most small businesses if they are requiring people to wear them (in our state). I agree with Mayfield, nothing has been handled the same from state to state - why would they start now. I mean, it makes sense but it won't happen.

Camoo4

Camoo4

Farm Hand
Today we went to town to run errands. Some stores are still requiring masks. Some say they are not mandatory if you are vaccinated. No one is asking if you are vaccinated. It's a mess right now, for sure.

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
Is it troublesome for the entire industry or is it only affecting those of us who are directly involved with customers at the point of sale?
I guess that applies to me. I sell to distributors. No, the mask issue isn't a problem. It's not like there's anyone to argue with though, since I don't deal directly with the public. I've enjoyed being on this end of things instead of dealing directly with a bunch of customers.