Mixing It Up

Trubadour

Trubadour

Farm Hand
Will you be planting anything new this year? I was recently re-introduced for fried squash (I used to eat it as a kid) And it makes me want to plant my own.

Wildlife

Wildlife

Bean Stalker
Nothing new for us same old,lettuce,beets,carrots,tomatoes,cukes,peppers mostly what deer like. ;)

Rosebud

Rosebud

Farm Hand
I've never grown watermelons before, but I really love eating them in the summertime, so I decided I'd try to grow some this year. I hope they do well.

Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Farm Hand
We are going to try planting some pumpkins this year. We won't plant too many, but we'd like to be able to take some to the Farmer's Market to sell this coming Fall.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
Will you be planting anything new this year? I was recently re-introduced for fried squash (I used to eat it as a kid) And it makes me want to plant my own.
I used to eat it too as a kid. Despite it being a common plant in most vegetable gardens, I have never considered growing it before. With the many varieties to choose from, vine plants do well in winter, and bush types survive well in summer. Notably, squash plants require fertile soil, sufficient moisture, and full sun.

Homestead Hustle

Homestead Hustle

Farm Hand
I recently planted some spaghetti squash. I only planted a couple of rows, though, because it requires quite a bit of room. I am looking forward to seeing how it comes out. It is pretty easy to take care of, and it's a tasty vegetable, so hopefully we'll have lots of spaghetti squash to eat later this summer.

Minty

Minty

Farm Hand
I don’t think I will go for anything new this year. Too much happened this year that I haven’t been ready enough to digest all of them. Probably I will try keeping things simple as it used to be for now.