Mixing spices

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
I use a lot of garlic - fresh, minced, salt and powder. I'm looking to add some spices together to make a concoction to use on multiple things. What spices do you add together?

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
I combine sea salt, thyme, cayenne pepper, and fennel which makes my favorite french fry seasoning. It probably sounds like a weird combination, but I can't get enough of the stuff. I add oregano to garlic powder to make my version of Italian bread.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
I mix turmeric, fennel seeds, star anise, and Sichuan peppers together for a great stir-fry blend. I mix a tiny amount of garlic powder with dried minced onions, poppy seeds, and sea salt for a blend that enhances the flavor of eggs.

jack

jack

Farm Hand
I mix ground garlic, ginger, lemons, and honey, but I am glad to read about the other available options in this thread. The only way to discover something is to try it out, and so I will try using some turmeric next time.

Gardenry

Farm Hand
I'm not that great in the kitchen, so you'd better believe that I'm taking notes. I love using spices, but I tend to add too much of them. How do you fix your meal once you've added too much salt or too much pepper?