Money well spent

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
I bought an expensive (to me!) vacuum cleaner, and it was money well spent. We usually go for those cheapo models that get the job done, but offer little else. Well, I splurged on an Oreck vacuum cleaner, like they use in hotels, and it was worth every penny. It vacuums all floors. Hardwood, carpet, linoleum, even rugs. I don't have to make any adjustments. I never even noticed these things before I started babysitting my grandchildren who were all over everything. GOD bless my wife for putting up with my thriftiness when I insisted on the cheaper model for years. Have you ever splurged on a more expensive model and found it was money well spent?

Smarty Plants

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
That's hilarious, Henderson. I like it! I'm glad your new vacuum cleaner worked out. I splurged on a new chicken coop recently, and it was definitely money well spent. There's been no feather pulling or squabbles since the ladies got an upgrade. They had plenty of room to roam during the day, but they needed more roosting space.

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
I am glad you got a good deal on the vacuum cleaner. Now you have to figure out the frequency of repairs and maintenance to avoid it breaking down. There is long-term value in purchasing popular expensive equipment.

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
I bought a Bissell Crosswave - Cordless this year on black friday. I spent over $350 but I'm in love! It does everything too, vacuums, mops, cleans itself too. I can't believe I actually spent the money but it is well worth it (so far).