Combines N6 FOR 10KIJ

Redman

Recently my dad was looking at an N6 and a Massey 750 new style, we chose the massey because it seemed to have a better capacity, here there are plenty of gleaner dealers and N6 go for 10,000 as a rule no matter what the condition. Everyone we talked to about the N6 said that it wasnt worth the money you put into it when you have it in the field. Something to watch for which i've herd is a problem in these machines is a smoking problem, which is also addressed up a few messages on the board.Hope this helps

MARSHAll

Due to huge response to this thread I have decided that the N5,6 and 7's are not worth owning even if given to me free. Thats sad. I was excited about buying one.

Tom

Marshall, I was an landM series guy until I upgraded to an R60. The only reason for buying it was my son thought we needed new technology. He was absolutely correct, and Im glad we made the change. The increase in capacity over an l3 is unbelievable and there is almost no shoe loss from the rotary. Heads are not interchangeable though. An N6 is almost identical to an R60 except the R60 has an air-cooled engine. If I could find a decent N6 for only 10 grand, I would buy it in a heartbeat for backup. Tom Russell